Tuesday 2 November 2010

Speeeeeeeeeedy post

Evening all. Well here are the lids that I made yesterday, turned and knobbed.
The place is starting to look like a proper pottery again, for what seems like the first time in ages with lots of wet pots on the shelves. After finishing off yesterday's pots, I made a batch of softly thrown tankards. I'll put pictures up once they're handled. Tomorrow will be a big decorating day and I'll be working late with Marky Mark, so I should get a load more making done too I hope. The firing date is 27th November, so I need to keep up the momentum.
A couple of autumnal pictures from the beautiful walk home, this is the top orchard
and the little bridge over Hollywater. It's mighty pretty out in the countryside at the moment.

Well I have to dash because it's pantomime rehearsal season again and I have to be bathed, fed and out of the house by 7.30. Bye for now

8 comments:

Congresburypotter said...

Lovely stuff!! Looks like you're really back in the groove :-D

We went up to Westonbirt Arboretum last week for a hefty dose of beautifully coloured treescape - but the trees around here in North Somerset are pretty amazing too.

Enjoy the rehearsal, no doubt there will be compulsory liquid recovery measures afterwards...
Karen

Ron said...

I think I'll be drinking some apples from that orchard in a bit.

Anna M. Branner said...

Love those lids. I need to practice that!

dan finnegan said...

Knobbed?! Sounds rude to me...

Trish said...

Doug... I can almost smell the fresh crisp air from the photos you show..Ahhhh!. It is fabulous Fall weather here at the moment, too.
Beautiful red pots!..
Happy rehersal!
T.

Ceramic bisque said...

That pottery looks amazing! I love the images too!

Hollis Engley said...

Love the lidded pots, Doug. And people are beginning to look forward to the Fitch/McAndrew tour of the US East Coast in the spring. Or is it the McAndrew/Fitch tour????

Paul Jessop said...

You Busy bugger ! keep it up.