Monday 13 October 2008

Monday



I mixed up a load of new glazes yesterday which I have firing tonight in the electric kiln. The pink one should be pale yellow and the beige one, honey. My friend Simon Hancox kindly gave me a load of Fremington clay which was what I used to use for my glazes before the pit closed. Cheers Simon, it's lovely to see my glaze looking like it used to even though it hasn't been fired yet.



This is another puzzle jug I've been working on today with crazy applied decoration. I've got my friend Johnny coming up again on Thursday to take some more photos of decorating processes, so I'll finish this one in front of the lens on Thursday.



Another spectacular walk home this evening through the orchard. The apples in this orchard have been picked and sent off to the cider factory. Away in the distance, Dartmoor, click on the picture to see some wonderful lines in the fields.

6 comments:

Ron said...

The farm I grew up on had an apple orchard. I have fond memories of it. Unfortunately all the property fell into the hands of someone who did little to care for it. The orchard was let go, and many trees cut or pushed over.

Tracey Broome said...

Devon Hevon!(heaven)
I think we should all have our portraits done at the wheel like Nic.

jbf said...

"And did those feet in ancient times
Walk upon England's mountains green?
And was the Holy Lamb of God
On England's pleasant pastures seen?"
(I'm most familiar with the Emerson, Lake, and Palmer version.)

Gorgeous landscape.

jbf said...

I got so wrapped up in the landscape I forgot to mention that I like the "crazy" deco on the puzzle jug.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

just gorgeous alright, the scenery too!

doug Fitch said...

It couldn't be more 'English' a scene could it?