Thursday 2 October 2008

Andy Manson - guitars for the stars

A day off today. Went to see Cookie's table, benches and chairs that he's made for our show Paint:Mud:Wood that opens in a couple of weeks - beautiful, well done Cookie. Then this afternoon helped my friend Chris hang his show in readiness for the opening tomorrow night. He's a very fine carver in wood and stone and a thoroughly sweet man too.

In the workshop above Chris is my old buddy Andy Manson. Andy used to live at Hollyford and for a while I shared the workshop with his wife Debbie who is a potter.



I haven't seen Andy for a while so it was great to see him. He makes guitars for all the greats, including Led Zepplin, the guy with the beard(they may all have beards, but the one who is the singer)from Jethro Tull, Andy Summers from the Police etc. etc. Here he is cutting some intricate inlay. There's some incredible talent tucked away in little sheds here in Mid Devon.

Back to work tomorrow, pots to make, glazes to mix.

4 comments:

Ron said...

Very cool.

ang design said...

oh wow how cool, what an excellent adventure day...

Becky said...

I bow to the Masters in Devon. Now I'm in the mood for Ian Anderson and Jethro Tull.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

you have got to be kidding....I wouldn't mind being potter to the stars