Monday 13 July 2009

Monday



Some pots at last! These are some puzzle jugs that I made last week and slipped this morning. They're all going to bear traditional mottoes and sgrafitto decoration. I've made various other pots, jugs, a tyg, mugs etc. These will all be ready in time for Art in Clay at Hatfield House, next month.



My good friend Matt who owns Hollyford, employed my boy Luke last week to fill some of the huge holes that have appeared in the lane that runs to the few dwellings and my workshop. I was so proud of Luke, it was a great sight to look along the lane, to see him there with a shovel and a barrow, doing his first real work other than working for me. He moved ten tonnes of chippings during two days of sorting out the drive. Today Matt employed him again to split logs which he'd never done before and he soon took to the axe without difficulty.



Then he got to work cutting back the edges of the track with a strimmer. He's going to be working at that for a few days to come. He's growing up really fast that boy.

More pots tomorrow.

6 comments:

Paul Jessop said...

While you hung around watching him with a camera!!!!!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I remember his exam portfolio, how did all that work out?

ang design said...

nicely done luke man and I am fascinated by the puzzle jug will be great to see 1st hand..

Hollis Engley said...

nothing like having a son old enough that dad can stand around and watch him work. Lovely puzzle jugs, too.

Ron said...

I bet Luke had some sore muscles the day after.

Anonymous said...

always good to see youngsters working... warms the heart