Monday 9 March 2009



Re-made those crazy lids - these are a bit more sensible I think. When I made the taller ones, I was thinking about Taketoshi's pots.

Taketoshi is a Japanese potter who came over and worked at Clive's place a few years ago. He made some lovely slipware jars while he was there and they had similar domed lids. They were quite unusual and very Japanese, they looked odd in slipware, but not in a bad way, just unusual in these materials. I'm happier with these ones I think, although I'll fire both.



I made some smaller jars today too...................



and seven pressed dishes. I want to fire twelve of these rim-to-rim in the top of the kiln.

Very tired so that's all for now. Sweet dreams all xx

4 comments:

Craig Edwards said...

Yes, much better lids!! You don't want to muddle your tradition to much or you will become a mongrel like me. :O)

Ron said...

I like you lids better too. I am sooooo jealous of those dish molds.

jbf said...

Very nice pots (and lids) and it was very nice "chatting" with you the other night.

doug Fitch said...

Ha! :)