Sunday 28 September 2008

Sunday working



A looooooooooooooong day's work today. Mark and I cleaned the kiln shed right out and reorganised it so that it'll work efficiently - that'll be a first.

We rebuilt the firebox extensions, a job I've been wanting to do for a long time. The pic shows Mark giving it some trowel action. When we built them originally they were just piled up quickly before a firing and I never got around to doing them properly, so that's an overdue job, well done.

Tomorrow I have to try and find space for all the stuff that used to have a space in the kiln shed, that's now piled in the workshop, which is a dreadful midden at the moment. I need more space and less junk - isn't that always the way?

Pots to slip and pots to make tomorrow too. Got to get slip on to those big jugs and make some more, busy, busy.

Off to bed now, tired out. Have a good week all, happy Monday.

3 comments:

klineola said...

We had a good laugh reading your post about clearing your wood/kiln shed. Tha's exactly what I've been doing since I 'moved'.Maybe what I need is another shed or two. Hopefully we'll both get things sorted out. Have a good week.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I bet you're exhausted and sleep mighty well.

Paul Jessop said...

Doug, I have the same problem lack of space I clear on area only to find it all clogged up in another behind me.