Wednesday 18 June 2008

I really, really, really, really, really don't enjoy glazing

But it's got to be done.



Most of it is, I'll finish tomorrow then start repacking the kiln ready for Saturday's firing. New pots on Monday, yippee!!!



I had a great visit today from a couple who really understand where my work is coming from. We had a long talk about the need for tradition and the importance of passing on traditional skills and accumulated knowledge. That's something that's very important to me.

I've learned a huge amount about traditional skills from fellow potters on this crazy blogger thing.

I wonder what Edwin Beer Fishley or Michael Cardew would have had to say if they'd had a blog.

I wonder what I used to do with my evenings before I had a blog.

3 comments:

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Hi Doug - So glad you ARE spending your evenings blogging! It's wonderful to feel connected to this network of blogging potters. I've learned much and want to thank you for sharing your process and thoughts.

doug Fitch said...

Cheers Patricia, thanks for checking in. It's good this blogging thing isn't it?

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Yes, though I need to get to the studio this evening to make some work so I can post it! Is that like "putting the cart before the horse"!???