Friday 4 July 2008

A pair of big jugs



Andrew decorated his pots this morning, he's made some really nice ones. He headed back off up east at lunchtime. It's been good having him down, I hope he'll come again some time. I hope that kiln is useful to him too, I'll be watching his blog to see how he gets on.







I made these two big Harvest Jugs today. They're based on the old North Devon slipware ones as shown in the book below. I look like I'm slightly mad. There's a Harvest Jug event coming up later in the summer, so these are for that, I'll tell more another night.




Dog tired this evening so this is brief again, had to put my head down in the workshop for an hour or so this afternoon. I'll be working all weekend, the bisc firing's scheduled for next weekend so there's going to be a bit of force drying going on - still a lot of pots to make before then, so need to get the big ones done tomorrow and Sunday.

6 comments:

Matt Grimmitt said...

Good to have a chat with you and Andrew today, those jugs look real nice, very DF take on harvest jugs the necks are quality, nice one. Stay away from that booze, no good for next day activity!

Hannah said...

have you got a spy cam in my workshop?

ang design said...

nice.......

Paul Jessop said...

Ok Doug,You got me.
The Title made me look!!

But I must say they are impressive.

Craig Edwards said...

Nice!! You do Devon proud!

Ron said...

Those are amazing.