Thursday 22 March 2012

On my way

Another long day yesterday, getting everything finished off so it can dry while I'm away, then packing and tidying. I also had to prepare a good supply of clay for my demo at the weekend.

My friend Heather delivered her little caravan to Hollyford. Adam will be staying in it, just outside the workshop. We were going to have him to stay at home, but our house is tiny and he is allergic to cats, so he'll be more comfortable in his own space. I'm excited about meeting him on Monday.

So far 110 people have booked for the demo - that's pretty scary. I always dread these things, but it's good fun once it gets going and folks start to interact.

I packed a box full of pots to take along to sell. It's mostly bowls that were surplus to my requirements for Japan - I made so many. The box was too heavy to lift after a long day, with a tired back and in the dark last night I wasn't going to take a chance. I have to head off to the workshop shortly to load them in to the car, then I'll set off on my journey.

The motorway is such a contrast to the lanes that I drive on every day - I really don't like driving on busy roads, but it will do me good - it's too easy to become reclusive, much as that is my desire. I'm looking forward to seeing my folks later today.



Have a good day everybody, back soon

5 comments:

klineola said...

Have a safe trip. I wish I could see the demo.

Joe Troncale said...

I would like to see the demo as well. Wow! 110 people!

One piece of advice for your back...Smaller boxes!
Beautiful work as always...Hope you sell all the bowls and pitchers!

Anna M. Branner said...

Joe has a good point....wish I had thought of that...

At least you have the ducks to keep you company!

Hollis Engley said...

I'm with Michael on this. Would love to see the demo, though he has videos on his website. Pretty cool.
And tell your folks that Dee and I think they did a good job.

Dennis Allen said...

Have a great weekend.