Monday 17 January 2011

Big ol' harvest jugs

Hello all


Here are some large harvest jugs that I made today. There's a video of one of these being made which will follow soon, when I can get it loaded up. They're made from 16lbs of clay, the body thrown first, then a part-thrown neck added and finished on the toughened pot.

Loads of slipping and decorating to do in the morning, then late night working with Marky Mark.

I haven't really blogged much about my forthcoming trip to the States in April with Hannah - I'm partly excited and partly terrified and I'll tell you all about it soon. Just now I'm concentrating on getting the pantomime out of the way and can't think any further than that. Opening night, a week on Friday and I still don't know my lines - eek!

Nighty night all

5 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

as you know because I am a fan on FB- loves those jugs!
and the states- can't wait to have you over on this side of the ocean!

Anna M. Branner said...

No need to stress over your visit here. It will be all clay lovers so you will be surrounded by people with minds like yours! (A little crazy?) :) Dan'll take good care of you.

Hollis Engley said...

Everyone's looking forward to the workshops, Doug. Hope you'll make some of those big jugs.

doug Fitch said...

Thanks for the encouragement - it is going to be AMAZING meeting you guys for real :)

Becky said...

I just signed up for the workshop yesterday and am so looking forward to meeting you and Hannah!