Thursday 21 October 2010

Stuff

Evening all

Off on our happy hols tomorrow and a week in a caravan by the seaside in Suffolk. I don't think we'll be dipping our toes in the sea though, it's bloomin' freezing. We're meeting my parents when we get there, so I'm looking forward to seeing them. Pantomome rehearsals have begun again, so I'll be taking my script away with me to try and learn some lines.

The Exhibition Great British Potters opened on Friday. There's some fabulous work in the show from makers that I feel greatly honoured to share a list with.



Here are a couple of my pots that are in the show, a large cider jar

and a big harvest jug.


I've been making tiles this week. These have all been decorated since the picture was taken, but I forgot to take my camera today, so don't have any pictures. The order is for fifty, but I'm going to make a hundred so that there's plenty of choice - I already have thrirty-two fired and finished. They're made in the tile mould that I bought from the now defunct Wenford Bridge Pottery.

Yesterday I had a visit from my friend Frank and his new dog, Murphy, who, as you can see is a vicious killing machine.

Frank took me to meet his friend and fellow signwriter, Dave Smith - some of you will have seen his beautiful film that I posted recently. If you haven't, you should!

What a remarkable craftsman. The suspended glass to his left is a piece he has been cutting and polishing, which will later be decorated with gold leaf - it's stunning. Check out his wonderful website.
Well only a brief post as I still have much to do before tomorrow and our trip to the flatlands. Back next week, cheers all!
Oh and Happy Birthday Alex!

6 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

your pots in the show are wonderful- have a great relaxing trip.
Now back to follow some links.

cookingwithgas said...

wow- the glass is amazing!
What a talent!

ang design said...

nice hat frank!!

Hollis Engley said...

Love that cider jar. Have a great holiday, Doug.

Ron said...

Have a great trip Doug. Hi to Hil and the boys. Frank's dog is cute.

doug Fitch said...

Thanks :) Ha, nice hat, nice dog, nice chap :-)